E-commerce sites are growing in popularity among shoppers and retailers. More and more shopping has moved to the web each year. In fact, the growth of e-commerce in 2019 has slowed relative to the past 5 years (source), but it’s still trending upwards and will continue to do so for a long time.
Many entrepreneurs have turned to e-commerce as a way to make a living. Perhaps you are one of them, or maybe you’re considering starting a e-commerce business.
Either way, great! We’d like to help.
An e-commerce business takes a lot of planning, from market research to budgeting. You’ll want to consider which parts of the business you want to tackle. The following questions are important to consider.
- What types of products will you sell?
- How will you differentiate yourself from the competition?
- Will you warehouse and ship orders yourself, or use a fulfillment company?
- Will you run your own e-commerce website, or use a marketplace like eBay, Amazon, or Etsy?
There are many aspects to consider. If you’re just getting started, take a look at our guide to starting an e-commerce store.
If you’re already up and running, or at least have most of the planning done, our e-commerce blog posts will help you reach the next level. Here are a few of our recent articles about e-commerce and online retailing.
- 9 Types of Emails to Send Your Online Store’s Mailing List
- How to Create a Subscription-Based E-commerce Business
- What is Amazon FBA and is it Right for Your E-Commerce Business?
- So You Want to Start an Amazing E-commerce Business?
- The Best Twitter E-commerce Accounts to Follow
- 2 Use Cases for the RAW Method with MvCALL (MivaScript)
- How Is California Proposition 65 Affecting E-commerce?
- Getting Started with Chatbots For E-commerce
- Improving Performance on your Miva Merchant Site
- Is a PWA Right for Your E-commerce Business?